The Innowalk is an innovative dynamic standing device, that enables movement and physical activity for children, adolescents and adults with significantly reduced independent standing and walking abilities.
The main benefits of the Innowalk
Innowalk is a safe and comfortable assistive device for enabling movement in a weight bearing position. It provides opportunities for:
- more physical activity
- stimulation of gross motor function
- improvement of physical and mental well-being
- reduces the risk of negative health outcomes
Who is the Innowalk intended for?
Innowalk is designed to enable movement for children, adolescents, and adults with moderate to significant physical disabilities who may suffer from a neurological condition or neuromuscular disease, and have limited ability for independent movement. They spend most of their waking hours being sedentary, and are therefore less physically active compared to those without disabilities. No independent ability to stand or walk is required to use the equipment.
See how the Innowalk works
12 FAQ about the Innowalk
If the Innowalk is a new assistive device to you, you may have many questions. Here you’ll find answers to the questions we are asked the most about the Innowalk. We hope this will be helpful in your search for the best assistive device for your child, yourself or the person you care about.
[Video] Samuel is Paralyzed, - but the Innowalk keeps him going!
Samuel Koch, a 31-year-old former stuntman, was left paralyzed from the neck down in a failed attempt at jumping moving cars. Since the accident, Samuel has relied on assistance with practically everything. Still, he remains a highly active person – and even manages to get intense, daily exercise.
[Video] Niels reduced his contractures significantly after just a year in the Innowalk
Due to immobilization after a leg fracture, Niels developed serious knee contractures. Thanks to intense and persistent training in the Innowalk, he was able to reduce his contractures significantly.
The Innowalk is a motorised dynamic stander offering:
Assisted movement – Motor-assisted and repetitive movement of the whole body in an upright weight bearing position.
Full Body Support – Adaptable support system enabling appropriate positioning and exceptional comfort.
Safe use – Safety feautures such as an automatic motor pause if any resistance against the movement is detected, for example a muscle spasm.
The innowalk is developed with the user experience in mind
Easy and safe
A user-friendly, robust dynamic stander.
- Easy transfer in and out with a swivel seat and swing away leg supports, which allows for a smooth and safe experience for the user, either independently or with assistance.
- Limited physical load on assistants and caregivers.
Enables people with complex movement disorders to break up sedentary behaviour and move more frequently and for longer time periods.
- The Innowalk has thick padding on the leg supports and seat to provide increased comfort and support for the user.
- A large, stable tray supports arms when standing and provides a good balance between support and opportunity for activity.
- Tilt in space angle provides stabiliy and comfort for those with poor trunk and head control.
The Innowalk is easily adaptable for people with different needs for use in a home setting.
Size rangeSmall: User height: 80-125 cm | User weight: max 35 kgMedium: User height: 120-165 cm | User weight: max 65 kgLarge: User height: 150-200 cm | User weight: max 110 kg
- Opportunity to stimulate muscle activity through active movement, depending on the users’ abilities and capacity.
- A accessible remote control encourages user participation and independence.
Standard ConfigurationIncludes hip belt
Arm handlesSMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE• Encourage arm and hand function• Increased training effectShoulder strapsSMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE
Hand fixation glovesSMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE
- upper body support
TraySMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE
- Fixing the hand to the arm handle
Neck CollarSMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE
- Swinging away function (optional side left/right)
HEADALOFTCOVER HEAD CIRCUMFERNECE FROM 42-66 CM
- supports the head
Build up soleInsoles, blocks, and scissor shoe raiser*
- supports the head
- compensate for leg length discrepancy
* must be assessed individually